The diversity of career paths in instructional design is greater than you may think. This solo episode is for people who are trying to break into instructional design and those who are new to the field.
I work with a lot of people who want to break into the field and many people don’t know that there are numerous instructional design career paths that you can follow. In this episode, I review different paths and opportunities in this eclectic field. Hopefully, this can help you figure out the best fit for your talents, skills, and interests.
- Talent stacking
- Working for organizations that have different missions
- Designing for different audience types
- Technical tracks
- Media specialists
- The LMS administrator
- Future career paths
- And more …
TIME: 16 minutes
- Breaking into Instructional Design: Free 12-lesson email course about getting started in the career
- Mastering Instructional Design: A learning community for building ID skills
- Talent Stacking for An Instructional Design Career (with examples)