In this conversation with, Jane Bozarth, PhD., we talk about how to use social media for learning. We discuss uses of social media to implement a complete learning experience or to simply enhance online learning. Jane provides many actionable tips, innovative examples and common sense guidelines for this approach to learning.
- Benefits of using social media to learn
- How social learning is different than social media learning
- Why listening is a powerful tool
- Challenges of using social media for this purpose
- Examples of successful learning projects with social media
- Criteria for using social media in an online learning experience
- Easiest tools to use when engaging in social media for learning
TIME: 35 minutes
TRANSCRIPT: Download the ELC 002 Podcast Transcript
- Social Media for Trainers
- Learning Solutions Magazine articles by Jane
- 23 Things (discussed in podcast)
- Learning and Teaching Metaphors on Pinterest
- How you can participate in #lrnchat
- Molly McLure Wasko and Samer Faraj. “It is what one does”: why people participate and help others in electronic communities of practice.