ELC 002: Using Social Media For Learning
Click the play button to listen, or use the links above to hear it the way you want.
In this conversation with, Jane Bozarth, PhD., we talk about how to use social media tools to implement a complete learning experience or to simply enhance online learning. Jane provides many actionable tips, innovative examples and common sense guidelines.
- Benefits of using social media to learn
- How social learning is different than social media learning
- Why listening is a powerful tool
- Challenges of using social media for learning
- Examples of successful learning projects with social media
- Criteria for using social media in an online learning experience
- Easiest tools to use
Time: Around 35 minutes
Resources of Interest:
- Social Media for Trainers
- Learning Solutions Magazine articles by Jane
- 23 Things (discussed in podcast)
- Learning and Teaching Metaphors on Pinterest
- Unlearning on Pinterest
- How you can participate in #lrnchat
- Molly McLure Wasko and Samer Faraj. “It is what one does”: why people participate and help others in electronic communities of practice.
Get The eLearning Coach delivered to your Inbox twice a month, with articles, tips and resources.