ELC 003: Why You Need Scenario-based eLearning
Click the play button to listen, or use the links above to hear it the way you want.
Ruth Colvin Clark, PhD., shares her expertise on learning, instruction and using scenarios in eLearning. We discuss a range of topics, from how eLearning scenarios can accelerate expertise to the importance of using the right amount of guidance.
- Comparing instructive and inductive approaches to learning
- Evidence that scenarios improve learning
- When scenarios have the most impact on learning
- Examples of scenario-based eLearning
- Skills that problem-based scenarios can build
- Types of guidance to provide
- Challenges with writing scenarios
Time: 20 minutes
- Scenario-based eLearning by Ruth Colvin Clark
- Evidence-based Training Methods by Ruth Colvin Clark
- eLearning and the Science of Instruction by Ruth Colvin Clark
- 5 Ways to Use Graphics in eLearning Scenarios
- Alternatives to Correct and Incorrect