Stella Lee, Ph.D., wants to help people feel more empowered by AI. So, if you’re feeling lost or stressed about what you need to learn, her AI Literacy framework will help. In this episode, we explore the categories and some of the competencies of this model.
Dr. Lee is an academic-turned-consultant ed-tech and AI strategist. She’s also an international speaker, startup advisor, LinkedIn Learning instructor, and technology columnist for the Training Industry Magazine. With over 20 years of experience in digital learning, Stella combines her passion, academic background, and knowledge in visual art, human-computer interaction, adult education, and computer science with her unique global insights for her work with a long list of clients.
She is the founder of Paradox Learning Inc., a boutique consulting firm based in Calgary, Canada. Stella’s research interests include AI applications for education, ed-tech ethics, personalized and adaptive learning systems, and learning analytics.
- Impetus for developing an AI literacy model for L&D
- Difference between her AI framework for education and for workplace training
- Seven key areas of the framework
- Literacy and competency levels within each area
- Key areas that are especially important for instructional design
- The three levels of competencies for two areas in the framework: AI pedagogy and AI ethics
- Complexity of AI ethics
- How AI is culturally biased
- How people can use this AI literacy framework
TIME: 29 minutes
TRANSCRIPT: Download ELC 082 Transcript: A Blueprint for AI Literacy in Learning and Development