Podcast: Play in new window | Download
Subscribe: Google Podcasts | Spotify | Stitcher | Podchaser | RSS | iTunes
Lisa Cron, author of Wired For Story, is passionate about the power and value of stories for learning. In this conversation (recorded in 2013), Lisa will convince you that it is through stories that humans survive and it is through stories that people learn. She provides lots of relevant advice to learning experience designers who write stories, scenarios and vignettes for instructional purposes. If you are looking for ways to write irresistible stories and scenarios, listen in for advice from a pro who understands how stories bring meaning to our world.
- Real purpose of stories
- Dopamine and curiosity
- Most important element of a story
- Protagonist’s inner world
- How to grab attention from the start
- Pros and cons of story structure
- First person or third person?
- Common mistakes in storytelling
TIME: 30 minutes
TRANSCRIPT: Download the ELC 066: Transcript for How to Write Compelling Stories.
- Wired for Story by Lisa Cron
- Story Genius by Lisa Cron
- Story or Die by Lisa Cron
- Wired for Story website
- The Rules of Story article by Lisa Cron
- Why You Need to Use Storytelling for eLearning
Connie Malamed says
Great! I really enjoyed speaking with the author.
Nisrine El-Hashem says
This was just what I needed to fine tune my writing. Thank you!