Jonathan Halls, former BBC learning executive and author of Rapid Video Development For Trainers and Rapid Media Development for Trainers provides valuable tips on making training videos for the workplace. We discuss how to plan for an shoot engaging training videos.
Whether you’re new to video or have some experience, you’re sure to benefit from Jonathan’s knowledge.
- When video is effective for learning
- How to make talking heads “less boring”
- Two purposes of B Roll
- How to use the visual language of video
- Benefits of creating storyboards
- Message layers in video
- Common newbie mistakes
- Frequency of changing shots
- Uses for instructional video via social media
- Considerations when shooting video for mLearning
- Five functions your video camera should have
- Complete video setup for $500
TIME: Around 35 minutes
TRANSCRIPT: Download the ELC 005 Podcast Transcript .
- Rapid Video Development for Trainers by Jonathan Halls
- Rapid Media Development for Trainers by Jonathan Halls
- Jonathan Halls & Associates
Get the latest articles, resources and freebies once a month
plus a Visual Design Cheat Sheet.