In this episode of The eLearning Coach Podcast, I speak with Kevin Thorn about a hot topic in our field—how to write eLearning storyboards. Kevin teaches storyboarding classes and is an award-winning eLearning designer with over 30 years of experience in the training industry, with the last decade in eLearning. His experience in instructional design, storyboarding, eLearning development, LMS implementation, illustration, graphic design, storytelling, cartooning, and comics makes him unique in the industry. Kevin is the “chief nuggethead” and owner of NuggetHead Studioz.
- What is a storyboard.
- How to create an eLearning storyboard.
- Kevin’s storyboarding process (the storyboard workbook)
- Benefits of using storyboards
- The design hats of the learning experience designer
- Who writes the storyboard
- Problems with designing and developing at the same time
- The moving parts in an assessment
- Depicting global access and isolated access
- Approaches to visual storyboarding
- Value of thumbnail sketches
TIME: 26 minutes
TRANSCRIPT: Download the ELC 035 Transcript.
- Nuggethead Studioz (Kevin’s website)
- Storyboard Depot (Storyboard templates including one from Kevin)
- Storyboard and Project Documents by Kevin (on eLearning Heroes)
- Storyboards for eLearning (article)
- 8 Tips for Preparing Audio Scripts for Recording (article)
- The Art of Writing Great Voiceover Scripts (article)
Get the latest articles, resources and freebies once a month
plus a Visual Design Cheat Sheet.