If you want to know something about authoring tools, Joe Ganci is usually the person to ask. eLearning Joe has a computer science background and has been designing and developing eLearning for many years. He is also adept at explaining and reviewing eLearning development tools and has a regular column (Toolkit) in Learning Solutions Magazine.
In this session, we compare authoring tools in terms of strengths and weaknesses. This is important, because as Joe points out, designers should select the best tool for creating the most effective and engaging learning experience, rather than attaching to an application as though it is a political party.
- A brief history of authoring tools
- Difference between authoring tools and programming languages
- Types of authoring tools
- Strengths of some of the most popular tools
- When IDers shortchange the learner
- Cloud-based authoring tools
- Responsive design and authoring tools
- Tips for designing mobile learning
- Joe’s mystical predictions for the future of authoring tools and learning
TIME: 34 minutes
TRANSCRIPT: Download the ELC 024 Transcript .
RESOURCES AND LINKS:
eLearning Development Tools Discussed:
- Articulate Studio
- Adobe Presenter
- Articulate Storyline
- Adobe Captivate
- Trivantis Lectora
- DomiKNOW Claro
- Skilitics Interact
- Zebra Zapps
Get smart about eLearning with The eLearning Coach delivered to your Inbox every month. Ideas-articles-freebies-resources.