Subscribe in iTunes.
Do you feel uncomfortable interviewing users? Does your organization think it’s best to avoid discussions with learners? Would you like to improve your interviewing skills? This interview with Steve Portigal will be valuable for anyone who answers yes to these questions.
Steve is the author of Interviewing Users: How to Uncover Compelling Insights. He has years of experience helping people learn to interview and to better understand their users. In this episode, Steve shares his best practices and advice, making it relevant for user experience and instructional design.
- The impact that interviewing has on the product and the designer
- The places in a design/development cycle where user input is needed
- Skills needed to become good at interviewing users
- What you’ll need to unlearn
- The best attitude to have while interviewing
- How to think about and manage “reticence”
- Techniques to reinforce learning about the interviewee
- How to plan for an interview
- Tips for asking good questions
- Ways to record interviews
TIME: 42 Minutes
TRANSCRIPT: Download the ELC 013 Podcast Transcript .
Get The eLearning Coach monthly newsletter with ideas, articles, freebies and resources.