How can you translate the in-person learning experience to an effective virtual classroom? This episode answers that question. Author and virtual training expert, Cindy Huggett, clarifies the misconceptions people have about the virtual classroom experience. She provides fantastic tips and techniques for facilitating an effective virtual learning event. You’ll hear how to increase the interactivity and collaboration of the virtual classroom so that participants get involved.
Cindy has been providing virtual learning solutions since the early 2000s, and is a recognized industry expert in teaching training professionals how to design and deliver interactive online classes. She is the author of several books, including the updated Virtual Training Basics and Virtual Training Tools and Templates.
- The difference between virtual training and webinars or webcasts
- Why virtual students need their own device to participate
- Three components of a successful virtual training event
- How to prepare participants to be ready to learn
- The biggest challenges of turning in-person training into a virtual classroom
- What’s changed in virtual training in the past decade
- When to use participant web cams
- Effective activities for a smaller number of participants
- How to efficiently break people into groups in online training.
- A brilliant start-up activity that breaks isolation
- Managing participant use of audio
- Which virtual classroom platform to choose
- Examples of creative use of the virtual classroom
- What’s in store for the future of virtual training.
TRANSCRIPT: Download the ELC 058 Transcript
TIME: 38 minutes
- Cindy’s Virtual Training Resources (books, webcasts, recordings, checklists, etc.)
- Cindy’s Publications
- Tips for Presenting Yourself on WebCam
- Virtual Training Basics by Cindy Huggett
- Virtual Training Tools and Templates by Cindy Huggett
- Microsoft HoloLens