Jane relates many ‘show your work’ stories that will inspire you to adopt this mindset. By the end, you’ll understand why showing your work is one of the most effective strategies for working and living.
Jane Bozarth is the eLearning Coordinator for the North Carolina Office of State Personnel. She is the author of many books, including Show Your Work. Jane also serves as one of the moderators of the popular weekly Twitter event #lrnchat,
- How ‘Show Your Work’ turned into a book
- Difference between tacit and explicit knowledge
- Benefits to employees, colleagues and the organization of showing one’s work
- Dealing with privacy and proprietary concerns
- How to think about tools for showing your work
- Metacognition: how showing your work can make you more aware of your mental processes
- Why experts are a dying breed
- What motivates people to share and show what they know
- Common mistakes in showing your work (spoiler alert: don’t expect much here)
- How an organization can encourage staff to show their work
TIME: 38 minutes
TRANSCRIPT: Download the ELC 023 Podcast Transcript.
RESOURCES AND LINKS:
- Show Your Work by Jane Bozarth
- Bozarth Zone: Jane’s blog
- Learning Solutions: Articles by Jane Bozarth
- Your First Day: Pinterest page to help new employees where Jane works
- #lrnchat on Thursdays @8:30pm
Get smart about eLearning with The eLearning Coach delivered to your Inbox every month. Ideas-articles-freebies-resources.