If you’re looking for strategies to make learning more engaging and effective, you’ll want to listen to this interview with Dorian Peters. She is the author of Interface Design for Learning: Design Strategies for Learning Experiences and Positive Computing.
Dorian is an eLearning interface design evangelist. She currently directs online strategy for the University of Sydney’s Faculty of Education. She is also a founder of the E-learning Network of Australasia.
- A broad definition of user interface
- How to reduce the extraneous cognitive load in your graphics
- Strategies that support effective and efficient visual perception
- Advantages of social learning
- Strategies to support social learning and community building through interface design
- Surprising findings about emotions and learning
- Why video is such a good medium for learning
- Strategies to make video most effective
TIME: 36 Minutes
TRANSCRIPT: Download the ELC 016 Podcast Transcript
- Interface Design for Learning by Dorian Peters
- Dorian Peters’ Website
- The Design of Future Educational Interfaces by Sharon Oviatt:
- The New Social Learning by Tony Bingham and Marcia Conner
- Project Noah: An example of widespread social learning and collaboration
Get The eLearning Coach delivered to your Inbox every month, with ideas, articles, freebies and resources.