An effective content curator pays attention to the big picture to watch patterns and trends. He or she also focuses on the small details to satisfy the needs of the audience. Gaining competence in content curation is a Learning and Development skill for the 21st century.
In this podcast, I chat with Robin Good, new media communication expert, and the publisher of MasterNewMedia.org, a web magazine for communication professionals. Based in Rome, Italy, there’s no one better to enrich our understanding of what’s involved in curation. Robin shares expert techniques, best practices and tools for curation, which can be used to replace or supplement courses and a way to help employees keep up-to-date in their fields.
- What curation means
- Steps involved in expert curation
- Examples of collaborated curation
- Guidelines for collaborating on content curation with a team
- Future of content curation
- Criteria for choosing tools (there are over 600 curation tools now!)
- Preservation of content
- Curation tool recommendations
TIME: 45 minutes
Download the ELC 012 Podcast Transcript.
Robin’s Curation Sites:
- Content curation
- Online real-time collaboration and conferencing tools
- Marketing strategy
- Presentation tools
- Video publishing
- Web publishing tools
Examples of Curation Collaboration by Teams:
Unusual and Well-done Curation:
- Maria Popova’s Brain Pickings
Content Curation Tool Lists:
Curation Tools for Content:
Curation Tools for Images:
Curation Tools for Listmaking:
Tools for Archiving:
Are you curating content for your organization? Tell us about it in the Comments section below.
Get The eLearning Coach delivered to your Inbox every few weeks, with ideas, articles, freebies and resources.