The future is now. I’m talking about the fact that software we use every day is based on artificial intelligence algorithms and the trend is growing. How will you be using AI in the future? Will you benefit from automation? Will you design AI software for learning? Will you be training AI agents?
In this session, I interview Chris Noessel, about a fascinating category of artificial intelligence known as agentive technology. Chris is the author of Designing Agentive Technology: AI That Works for People and coauthor of Make It So: Interaction Design Lessons from Science Fiction.
He is also a UX professional, where he has designed products, services, and strategy for a variety of domains, including health, financial, and consumer. Chris currently works with IBM, as Global Design Practice Lead for the Travel and Transportation sector.
- Artificial intelligence categories: General AI, Super AI, Narrow AI
- The Singularity
- Machine learning versus deep learning
- Differences between agentive AI and assistive narrow AI
- How online services are using AI
- Benefits of agentive technology
- How agentive technology will affect your job
- We step through the ux design process of agentive software (setup, touchpoints,monitoring)
TIME: 40 minutes
TRANSCRIPT: Download the ELC 043 Transcript .
RESOURCES AND MENTIONS:
- Chris Noessel’s web page
- Designing Agentive Technology: AI That Works for People by Chris Noessel (Amazon or Rosenfeld Media)
- Make It So: Interaction Design Lessons from Science Fiction by Nathan Shedroff and Chris Noessel
- Sci-fi Interfaces (Interaction design lessons from sci-fi)
- Roomba Vacuum (Narrow AI machine)
- Person of Interest (AI Show)
- Near Future Laboratory
- Society of Mind