The possibilities in our field are changing rapidly. Do you ever want to take a moment to get a bird’s eye view of the current landscape and where things are headed? That’s what we do in this episode, which is a conversation with Donald Taylor. We also talk about the keys to having a successful technology implementation, which is the theme of his book, Learning Technologies in the Workplace.
Donald Taylor is a veteran of the learning, skills and human capital industries, with experience at every level from delivery to chairman of the board. Donald is the chair of the Learning and Performance Institute, Chairman of the Learning Technologies Conference, international speaker, independent consultant and author. He also published the L&D Global Sentiment Survey. See links at the end.
- Difficulties explaining learning in the workplace
- The schoolroom assumption
- Drivers of change in organizations
- What employees expect as solutions to performance problems
- Providing immediate solutions versus building long-term capabilities
- How L&D can benefit from user-generated content
- New mindset required by L&D for future
- Effective enterprise-wide learning technology implementations
- Future of learning technology and L&D roles
- Impact of artificial intelligence as it predicts behaviors at work
TIME: 34 minutes
TRANSCRIPT: Download the ELC 041 Transcript .
- Donald’s Website
- Learning and Performance Institute
- Learning Technologies in the Workplace: How to Successfully Implement Learning Technologies in Organizations by Donald Taylor
- L&D Global Sentiment Survey