Visual Design Solutions
Visual Design Solutions is a resource for learning professionals seeking to raise the bar on their graphics and visual design skills. This informal and friendly book guides you through the process and principles used by professional graphic designers.
It also presents creative solutions and examples that you can start using right away. Anyone who envisions, designs, or creates instructional or informational graphics will benefit from the design strategies laid out in this comprehensive resource.
Read the Reviews:
- Learning Visions by Cammy Bean
- Kapp Notes by Karl Kapp
- Usable Learning by Julie Dirksen
- Bozarth Zone by Jane Bozarth
- Discovery Through eLearning by Tracy Parish
- eLearn Magazine by Ryan Tracey
- Experiencing eLearning by Christy Tucker
- eLearning Brothers by Brother Sean
- Ask, Learn, Share by Mike Taylor
Visual Language For Designers
Within every picture is a hidden language that conveys a message, whether it is intended or not. This language is based on the ways people perceive and process visual information. By understanding visual language as the interface between a graphic and a viewer, designers and illustrators can learn to inform with accuracy and power.
Visual Language For Designers shows visual communicators how to design graphics that are effective and comprehensible. It presents visual guidelines based on the cognitive science of how people perceive, process and understand pictures.
A Few Endorsements …
“Visual Language for Designers is a rare combination of science and aesthetics.”
— Bill Brandon, The eLearning Guild
The fundamental principals of visualization outlined here apply to all ranges of imagery, from the fancy 3D model to a simple idea scribbled on a napkin.”
— Karl Gude, Former Infographics Director at Newsweek
“Visual Language for Designers” is a smart and beautiful synthesis of cognitive science and visual design.”
— Bill Keaggy, XPLANE
“Your book is awesome. Really beautiful.”
— Garr Reynolds, Author of Presentation Zen
“This book is a work of art in its own right – a real visual extravaganza.”
–Clive Shepherd, Clive on Learning
- Learning Solutions Magazine, by Bill Brandon
- Bioephemera, by Jessica Palmer
- Visual Business Intelligence, by Stephen Few
- What Makes Them Click, by Susan Weinschenk, Ph.D
- Clive on Learning, by Clive Shepherd