Vince Han says that part of the learning journey is a conversation. One way to have that conversation and to meet the needs of the modern workplace is with a chatbot programmed to engage people in interactive activities that support learning and behavior change. In this episode, I speak with Vince about the power of chatbots for learning and support and the ins and out of designing the conversational interface. Vince is the founder and CEO of mobile coach, a chatbot platform for interactive engagement intended to positively influence learning and behavior change. Vince is an industry thought-leader in learning technologies and often speaks about artificial intelligence and chatbot technology.
- What is a chatbot and how does it work?
- What platforms can chatbots work with?
- Can many of the platforms enable chatbots to learn (or be predictive) from audience responses?
- How can chatbots be used to support performance in the work flow?
- What can a chatbot bring to different phases of the learning journey?
- What are examples of how organizations are using chatbots as part of the learning journey?
- How can you use a chatbot in a blended learning program?
- Can chatbots deliver training?
- Is there any research yet on how chatbots affect learning?
- Why do chatbots appear to increase engagement?
- How does the target audience respond to using a chatbot?
- What guidelines do you suggest for those who are designing a conversational interface?
- Does designing a chatbot conversation require continuous improvement?
- When using a chatbot, can you always see how people responded?
- What is the importance of tone in chatbot design?
- What does the future hold for chatbots? What are the trends?
TRANSCRIPT: Download the ELC059 Transcript
TIME: 28 minutes
- Chatbot Articles
- Mobile Coach
- Vince Han’s Bio
- Connect with Vince on LinkedIn and Twitter (@vincehan)