Ruth Colvin Clark, PhD., shares her expertise on learning, instruction and using scenarios in eLearning. We discuss a range of topics, from how eLearning scenarios accelerate expertise to using the right amount of guidance.
- Comparing instructive and inductive approaches to learning
- Evidence that scenarios improve learning
- When scenarios have the most impact on learning
- Examples of scenario-based eLearning
- Skills that problem-based scenarios can build
- Types of guidance to provide
- Challenges with writing scenarios
TIME: 20 minutes
TRANSCRIPT: Download the ELC 003 Podcast Transcript.
- Scenario-based eLearning by Ruth Colvin Clark
- Evidence-based Training Methods by Ruth Colvin Clark
- eLearning and the Science of Instruction by Ruth Colvin Clark
- 5 Ways to Use Graphics in eLearning Scenarios
- Alternatives to Correct and Incorrect