Are you curious about the future of instructional technology and learning? Abbie Brown, Ph.D., and Tim Green, Ph.D., make it a point to follow the trends and issues in our field—from the latest technologies to new research.
Together, they produce the Trends & Issues in Instructional Design, Educational Technology and Learning Sciences Podcast.
Abbie Brown is Professor at East Carolina University, teaching in the Instructional Technology Program. He specializes in instructional media production and online learning environment design, and provides consultation and workshops. Dr. Brown was Editor-in-Chief of the journal, TechTrends from 2009 to 2012.
Tim Green is a professor of educational technology and teacher educator at California State University, Fullerton. For five years he served as the Director of Distance Education at CSUF. He is the author of numerous articles and books, as well as a presenter, on the integration of educational technology, instructional design, and online distance education (see Resources below). He consults with and provides professional development to schools and districts.
- Difference between Augmented Reality and Virtual Reality
- Mixed reality
- Google Glass for the workplace (and use cases)
- Microsoft’s HoloLens
- Future of wearables as a learning technology
- Learning trends associated with mobile devices
- How 3D printers can expand cognitive capabilities
- Trends in Learning Management Systems
- Trends in games and gamification
- Research in brain activity
- Mr. Spock
TIME: 33 minutes
TRANSCRIPT: Download the ELC 026 Transcript.
- The Ed Tech Doctor: Tim Green’s website
- @edtechdoctor (Tim Green on Twitter)
- Abbie Brown’s Website
- @abbiebrown (Abbie Brown on Twitter)
- Podcast: Trends & Issues in Instructional Design, Educational Technology and Learning Sciences Podcast
- Flipboard: Trends & Issues in Instructional Design, Educational Technology and Learning Sciences
- Minecraft HoloLens Demo
- Essentials of Instructional Design (Brown & Green)
Get smart about online learning with The eLearning Coach Newsletter delivered to your Inbox every month. Ideas-articles-freebies-resources.