Whether you fell into instructional design by accident or purposefully sought out a career designing learning experiences, you’ll enjoy this conversation with Cammy Bean. Cammy is the author of The Accidental Instructional Designer and Vice President of Learning Design at Kineo.
Having taught many workshops, Cammy is in tune with the needs and questions that people have about designing effective learning experiences. She writes and speaks about ways to avoid the dreaded type of eLearning that puts audiences to sleep.
- Who is an accidental instructional designer
- How to work with subject matter experts (SMEs)
- Three approaches or categories of learning design based on the course goal
- Strategies to use for each approach: information awareness, building skills and knowledge and problem-solving
- Using the advertising model, AIDA, for sustaining attention
- How to avoid clicky-clicky-bling-bling
- Tips for writing learning content
- Future of workplace learning
TIME: 27 minutes
TRANSCRIPT: Download the ELC 020 Podcast Transcript.
- The Accidental Instructional Designer: Learning Design for a Digital Age by Cammy Bean
- Cammy Bean’s Learning Visions: Cammy’s website
- Papers, resources and guides from Kineo
Don’t miss a thing! Get The eLearning Coach delivered to your Inbox every month, with ideas, articles, freebies and resources.