Subscribe in iTunes
Are you hearing buzz about the Tin Can API and wondering what it is and what it can do? Do you want to spread your wings and take advantage of modern technologies?
In this episode, Megan Bowe demystifies the Tin Can API (a.k.a. Experience API or xAPI) and discusses its potential for advancing the learning environment. Megan’s knack for explaining the Experience API helped it become the most successful and most quickly adopted learning technology innovation in the last thirty years. She worked hand-in-hand with innovators and early adopters implementing the specification at Rustici Software, teaciing others and designing products, early content and application prototypes. In many ways, Megan invented much of what the emerging community of practice advocates around this learning technology. She continues the charge today at Making Better.
- How SCORM started and it’s limitations
- What the xAPI offers to designers and learners
- What an API is and what it does
- The beauty of the Learning Record Store (LRS)
- Systems that can create and use xAPI data
- Using xAPI for tracking and sharing your own learning or for creating a portfolio
- Innovating with Learning Locker
- Use cases for xAPI (getting insights in so different ways)
- How to combine Tin Can and Open Badges
- The big picture view
- Getting started with xAPI
TIME: 33 minutes
Ready in a bit.
- Making Better (Megan’s website)
- xAPI Overview
- IEEE Working Group on xAPI
- Learning Locker
- Rustici Software
SHARE YOUR THOUGHTS:
Share your thoughts about xAPI in Comments below.
Get The eLearning Coach delivered to your Inbox every month, with ideas, articles, freebies and resources.